Monday Night Racing - Road
There’s a grade for everyone, from those new to cycling, to the seasoned veterans in our club. Our Cat 1 riders usually ride 37km, while juniors and newer riders tend to ride between 15 and 20km.
Monday Night Racing (MNR) is the marquee road racing series we hold each year. MNR is split into two series across the summer months, with each series consisting of 10 races.
We have Categories 1–4, and 2 junior grades for MNR. There’s a grade for everyone, from those new to cycling, to the seasoned veterans in our club. Our Cat 1 riders usually ride 37km, while juniors and newer riders tend to ride between 15 and 20km.
The start location for all except the final round is just up from North Taieri Presbyterian Church on Wairongoa Road, approximately here.
Series Dates Jan–March 2024:
15th January: Salisbury circuit
22nd January: Salisbury extended circuit
29th January: Salisbury circuit, finishing up Taioma Road
12th February: Salisbury extended circuit
19th February: Salisbury circuit
26th February: Salisbury extended circuit (finishing up Taioma Road)
04th March: Salisbury extended circuit
11th March: Salisbury circuit
18th March: Salisbury extended circuit
04th March: Otago Champs, Outram/Woodside
Compulsory Briefing: 6:10pm
Race Start: 6.15pm
- Race Managers and Marshal’s (add your name to the list here) will receive a points allocation at the end of the season (10 rounds) based on an average of their racing results. (points awarded for a maximum of two events only per RM and marshal, after that zero)
- Points allocation per race; 10 points for 1st, down to 1 point for 10th and 0 points thereafter.
- Mechanical ONLY DNF receives 5 points. (if you retire for any other reason then zero)
- If a rider decides to go UP a grade during the season 100% of their points allocation moves with them. If a rider decides to go DOWN a grade 50% of their points move with them.
- If in any event, we do NOT have a placing confirmation of the top ten, 5 points will be allocated to all riders.
Online Entry Page:
Registration for this series of MNR can be done through the Club Webscorer page. Online entry is preferred if at all possible.
Payment of race fees can be made online in advance (preferred) to the bank details below, or on the day in cash.
Cycling Otago Inc. ANZ 01-0906-0005289-00 (please Include Name and Ref# MNR
Enter now at www.webscorer.com/cyclingotago